Moving a manhole cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have used the search facility and haven't found what I'm looking for. I've also tried googling. I have a public sewer running along the back of my property (and the other properties in the street). I have a manhole cover next to the soil pipe. While thinking about an extension to the back, I was wondering are there any regulations about how far the centre of a manhole cover should be from the soil pipe. I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
There are no regulations for the cover to soil pipe distance, but I am not sure if you are asking the right question.

The further away the better (within reason). A manhole too close to the SVP can catch solids and cause a blockage.

Does the pipe from the toilet go straight through the manhole, is it a change of direction and does anything else, such as your kitchen drain, join in there?

Sponsored Links
Define "near". Mozambique is relatively near to Botswana for instance.

I am having a friendly chat with a doctor from Mozambique who wants me to handle his late fathers affairs with £8.5 million to be deposited into my bank account.

Andy

Back off - he called me first!

Once I've sorted out my Nigerian friend and helped him to get some diamonds out of the country I've promised the doctor I'll give him my full attention (and bank account details).

I have the same question, but let me phrase it in a way which makes sense:

What's involved in moving a manhole on a shared sewer? Will BC inspect this on behalf of the water company?

If there is a junction in it then it will be difficult.

If it's on a straight section it will be much easier.

The water company, if you told them, would want to see it themselves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back