Moving a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Almost finished my new bathroom. All thats left to do is fit toilet and sink. I was just wondering if I could swap the toilet and sink around, as would give me a bit more room. They are sitting right next to each other, so dont need moved far but was just wondering how Id go about the waste pipe. If I did move them, the toilet would sit approx 1metre from the existing soil pipe into the floor. Could I just use a couple of elbows and a flexible waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
Hard to advise without at least seeing some photos or a sketch. However, it is feasible if site conditions are right but would be better if you could do it all in rigid pipework and avoid using a flex... Sometimes they are unavoidable but need to note that they will collect solids in the ribs.

347B93B0-0C2E-45F0-B57E-B760A2ADDEA5.jpeg

Here it is currently. Want to swap them both about when fitting new ones. Will be in vanity units so all pipework will be hidden

if you intend to box in and/or customise a vanity unit then what you propose will work.
you could use a concealed WC, and maybe then either dropping the basin waste into a connector on the soil pipe or punching it through the wall to pick up whatever outside.
youve got lots of options once you start boxing stuff in.

Sponsored Links
View attachment 143996
Here it is currently. Want to swap them both about when fitting new ones. Will be in vanity units so all pipework will be hidden

That's completely doable but you'll need to get an appropriate bend to fit into the floor socket - is it cast iron or plastic? You'll need the internal diameter of it and then look at the mcalpine range of fittings for one to suit. You could see if there's a bend with a boss on it that you can connect the basin waste onto that will fit, or a branch but if doing it that way then fit an anti-vac trap on the basin.

Last edited:
Okay. Its a bungalow with floorboards but I have a hatch in my kitchen floor which I can use to get under the floor and get to the bathroom. The toilet waste going into the floor looks/feels plastic. The water supplys, I was thinking either extend them with copper piping or get long flexi connectors. I think its doable just my main concern was the toilet waste, and the pipework swapping places

as you have plastic pipes and access under the floor, have a look and see if you can have a better pipe run. Most modern WCs have a horizontal outlet, you can still get BO pans, but not a wide choice, and may be special order.

If you're boxing it in/having units then all can be hidden within, as mentioned above. Depends on the design you're going for.

Edit: if the outlet in the floor is 4" pipe, you will need to be able to get a socket over it of either ring seal or (better) solvent welded elbow.

I think it's best left as it is. When the wife is having a bath you can sit on the toilet and chat to her, otherwise the basin would be in the way.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Ive already got the toilet and sink sitting in garage with vanity units. It is a close coupled toilet with hisden cistern

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back