Moving toilet on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im moving a toilet and sink into a new room that I’m creating, it’s about 2 metres away in a new build house.

I’ve dug through the concrete for the toilet waste and directly below is the soil pipe that it’s currently connected to.
What would be the best way to tap into the pipe? The pipes not going to have any movement. And to connect the sink, would a strap boss be ok?

I’d like to then plumb a sink into the the original toilet connector, is there a specific joint for this?

Thanks

Attachments

• BFC85C15-0E07-4A6B-A73C-E1AB1B3439A2.jpeg
    BFC85C15-0E07-4A6B-A73C-E1AB1B3439A2.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Only way to connect a Pan to that horizontal run is by using a junction. You will need to make the hole bigger and cut a section of pipe out, before using a junction and slip collar to slot it in, unless the upstream section will be redundant after moving the WC, in which case, fit a bend, and then come upwards. Either way you'll need good access to the existing pipe to be able to cut it squarely and chamfer the cut end.

Are you fitting 'sinks' or 'basins', there is a difference and the waste pipe sizes are also different.

Thanks Hugh, that makes sense. Will the slip collar fit directly to the junction, like in the picture below?

Its a basin - can I fit a boss type fitting to the soil pipe for this?

I’m reusing the redundant WC end where there will be a new sink plumbed in. Looks like I can buy a reducer for this…

Attachments

• 6A738A04-2448-4E32-9113-EEA3648E0D2C.png
    6A738A04-2448-4E32-9113-EEA3648E0D2C.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 39
Yes, slip collar can be slid back right onto the pipe, then slid back to make the joint once junction has been inserted into the cut.

Use an appropriate reducer on the redundant leg serving the old toilet to connect your sink. Basin can be connected to the drain using a Pan
Connector with a 32mm Boss connection to make life easier. Sinks have a 40mm waste, basins use 32mm, for some reason the Manufacturers make Pan Connectors with a 32mm Boss but not 40mm. Not a good idea to reduce a waste from a sink from 40 to 32mm.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hugh, that’s a great help.

I’ve dug out a channel for the basin to be connected to the drain, can I use a strap boss fitting for this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back