Moving back/kitchen door !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone long time since I been here last time.

We are in process of buying an 1960 bungalow that has back door in the kitchen.
In our existing house we got separate utility room and definitely want one in new house. So we going to convert study in to utility room and want to move the door from kitchen on to utility room. So we can have more space in the kitchen.

Do we need planing permission to move the door from kitchen to utility room ?? Or as long we comply with the building regs we don't need any planing permission??

Thx.

Screenshot_20240418_211304_OneDrive.jpg

Sponsored Links
May be better having a word with your local Council as each area and often each property can have their own Regs and rules such as the area you live in, Conservation areas, covenants, etc.... so likely that nobody on here can give you a definate answer but they should be able to help.

No PP needed, crack on unless the area is subject to some peculiar Article 4 Direction or the bungalow is listed, though I'm yet to see a listed bungalow yet. Your solicitor should be advising you of any such anomaly.

Cheers Guys :)
As far we know is not listed and is not located in conservation area. It will take between 2-4 months anyway so will try to ask local authorities too. Just to be sure.

Sponsored Links
If you block off the kitchen door, is that what you are suggesting?

Where is your nearest fire escape from anywhere near the back of the building?

If you block off the kitchen door, is that what you are suggesting?

Where is your nearest fire escape from anywhere near the back of the building?
So we are looking to move the door to room between two bathrooms. As this space will be converted to the utility room as we don't want to have dryer & washing machine in kitchen.

It leaves a lot of area without an exit.

I don't know what any regs say, but personally I'd want a door nearer the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back