moving bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
apologies, this is a really first principles question and probably an insult to most of your skills on this board but if you don't ask....

We're in the process of buying a new place and the layout is a bit uneasy. As a result, I'd like to move the bathroom from the back to the front of the house. Obviously this means it will be as far away from the exiting svp etc outlets as possible.

Can anyone give me a step for a hint as to how to ascertain in the first place if this is possible. ie what ratio of runs are required. i've thought about building a new stud to try and conceal any pipes which may be possible as we have the space.

If I don't have the space to allow the water to fall naturally, can I use a pump to do so. Is this noisy, and I assume it's costly.

As we are not in possession of the house yet, I can't simply get someone to have a look, just curious if this is a REALLY bad idea.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
you can pump it, you use a macerator.

try using the search facility for macerators, but this is the first one that comes up

without having ownership / access of the house you can guestimate all you like, you kneed to know what is what.

good luck

Consider the possibility of running new drainage underground and new Soil/vent pipe :idea: Macerators.......a box o` poo with a foodblender in it :eek: :eek: Would YOU clean it out :?: Or ,if it`s got a wooden ground floor........run soil pipe under that...did just that in my last house..involves Building control @ local council...but I gained a Cloakroom :)

Sponsored Links
Not sure if a SH** chipper is my preferred option, but thanks for the info.

Should have metioned, it;s first floor, therefore someone underneath, so running under the floor may not be an option (no-one above except our huge roof space). Would be fine if pipes don't have to run to a fall, but I fear we may not have enough space to accommodate the falls.

Anyway, thanks again, something to think about.

You aren;t ALLOWED a macerator if its your only wc. Bldg regs.
Fall you need on normal drain is 1 in 40. You can go a bit shallower if you're careful. Say an inch per metre - fancy a throne room?

high.rise said:
apologies, this is a really first principles question and probably an insult to most of your skills on this board :eek:
As we are not in possession of the house
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: With "someone" under...............Could it be a flat :?: :LOL: :LOL: The Estate agents have brainwashed you. :oops:

edited to correct quote

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back