Moving gas meter

Ah for the good old days, when we used to turn our gas meters round the wrong way in order to make them run backwards. What jolly japes.

Sponsored Links
Well it wouldn`t be a debate without you popping up would it?....I don`t have a problem with your statement....(Softus) ;)

Softus said:
Hm. I haven't had time to check yet, but I would be astonished if The Gas act didn't prohibit the act of doing anything whatsoever with the meter, other than reading it or gently dusting it, without the owner's permission.

You should disconnect and cap the meter, or at least one side off, when working on the installation pipework.

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek:

MOD 2

may i remind you gentlemen this is a PUBLICLY veiwable forum ;)

doitall said:
Softus said:
Hm. I haven't had time to check yet, but I would be astonished if The Gas act didn't prohibit the act of doing anything whatsoever with the meter, other than reading it or gently dusting it, without the owner's permission.

You should disconnect and cap the meter, or at least one side off, when working on the installation pipework.
and dont forget to put the bonding on the meter

MOD 2

may i remind you gentlemen this is a PUBLICLY veiwable forum :wink

:oops: Sorry.. :oops: :oops: :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back