Moving gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a gas fitting in one corner of the kitchen, I am guessing it comes in from the understairs cupboard into the wall and has then be put all the way through the wall to the other end of the kitchen where it then appears. We want to move the cooker to the wall at the far end where I believe the pip originally came in. Any ideas on how big a job that is, I'm assuming they'd simply cap off the old one and tap into the pip further down. Trouble with that being that the fridge freezer will go in that corner so ghaving a fitting sticking out won't be helpful.

Any help and guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I agree that quoting fixed prices would be the 'ideal'. The trouble is because the customer has no idea of what is involved i have been caught out in the past ie turn up having said 80 quid to find the gas line needs upgrading etc etc etc.....so now i give indicative prices to be confirmed on inspection. I loose some business but i can't 'quote' on small jobs, it might be 40 mile away.......

I always quote by telephone as I dont waste time and money making "free" quote visits.

I base my telephone quotes for a gas supply on £65 plus £6 per metre of 15 mm and £10 per meter of 22 mm.

BUT thats on the basis of free space for the pipes and not removing or drilling kitchen units!

Its not always cost effective but it saves my time and enables me to compete with those who spend half their time running around giving free quotes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back