Gas tap removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a new kitchen, and in the space where the old cooker was there is a gas tap. We've switched to an electric cooker a long time ago anyway and are relocating it further along the wall.

Is it best to have this gas tap disconnected at the meter or leave it hidden behind the soon-to-be installed kitchen cupboards?

I should add it's no longer possible to get under the floorboards in the kitchen. :confused:

Sponsored Links
As long as it is safely capped or plugged you can leave it where it is.I would advise having it tested before hiding it away though, by a Corgi engineer, of course..

So long as there's no regs about hiding gas taps behind cupboards, I'll leave it and get it checked.

Thanks.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Manty said:
So long as there's no regs about hiding gas taps behind cupboards, I'll leave it and get it checked.

Thanks.
:cool:

Well there is if it is a compression gas tap.

You are being pedantic. You are referring to a gas fitting with a compression or conex fitting which must be accessible.The advice given was to have it tested by a Corgi Engineer. He will advise on the exact steps to be taken, seeing as though the original poster stated that this was a `gas tap`. Unfortunately without inspecting I am unable to ascertain wether this is a gas tap, cooker backplate elbow, 15mm stop end blah blah.

Bamber gaspipe said:
You are being pedantic. You are referring to a gas fitting with a compression or conex fitting which must be accessible.

Which is the correct information and an accurate reply to a question asked by a poster is it not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back