Can I Box In A Gas Pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all, my first post.

I have recently moved into a bungalow, where the kitchen will need renewing. A 22mm gas pipe runs down the middle of one of the walls, over the surface of the tiles. The meter is in the cupboard below it. Not only is this unsightly, but will make work difficult.

What I want to know, is it legal to move this gas pipe into the corner and box it in (also with the hot and cold water pipes)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can't move it legally but an RGI could, boxing in must be vented top and bottom.

And I don't like your ****ing user name. :eek:

The boxing will be open at the bottom, as the pipes will pass through the top of the work surface. the top of the boxing can also be open at the top, by leaving a hole around the pipe where it passes through the ceiling into the loft (its a bungalow)

My user name, well it was just a name. I admit to being a fan. Have changed it to something a little more acceptable though.

Sponsored Links
I am sure herman needs no advice on the use of gas :LOL: :LOL:

fek people are touchy tonight its only a name :rolleyes:

Or better still the whole ferkin thread.

Perhaps he's building a gas chamber and gonna stick his ****ing head in it, with any luck.

Op, the safest way to do this is to use 40mm pushfit wastepipe with the rubber rings in the fittings removed . You don't need anyone to do it for you - just wrap a bit of gaffertape around the entry point of the existing copper into the new wastepipe. Chainsmoke in the vacinity upon completion, whilst enjoying the thought of the sexual favours that your heroes could perform upon you if only they hadn't topped themselves instead of face the consequences of their actions.

Blimey, didn't realise that there were so many people on here who would compete with each other to see who could be the most offended!

So, its yes to boxing in, so long as it's not air-tight.

Thanks to the ONE poster who didn't go all hysterical on me.

H.G.

It's difficult not to get offended by someone who claims to have as his heroes historic figures who's policies involved torture and genocide, and who were so convinced by the morality of these policies that they felt that suicide was an appropriate way of responding to questioning rather than an intellectual defence. :confused:

If your intention was to offend, then "why"? If not, then why were you so oblivious to the likely outcome? Either way, it demonstrates a significant character flaw and lack of imagination which you need to address.

However, in their favour is at least they probably didn't falsify their expense claims. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back