Moving header tank 5 foot across or remove from unvented sys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gang,

Ive added a new album in profile so you can see the pics, basically i want to use the loft for storage and would like the header tank in the picture moving to the right hand side about 5 foot.

My current setup 4 years old, it is a unvented cylinder holding 200 LTRS below the header tank, it is fed by worchester boiler in the kitchen and the pipes run under floor boards up to the cylinder storage tank. The other picture in the album shows the old redundant copper pipe from old system and a water pipe that feeds this new system, so basically just needs modifiying to new position.

Question 1

Ideally is there a way i can remove the header tank from the system? if not i will locate it to the right as planned.

Question 2

Just a guesstimate plz gents i am in the midlands ;)

what sort of price will you think i will be expected to nearest £100s to move this over the 5 foot .

Thanks alot for reading and your time ;)

Sponsored Links
Now your talking ok thats just what i wanted to here :D

I am assuming it will need a filling loop like a combi boiler set up ?

Or does it not as there is a cold water feed striaght into the system actually im confused lol

EDIT i just looked near cylinder it looks like the heating is not under pressure and just gravity fed there is like an outlet open to the header tank up loft tank on the heating side, just the hot water is under pressure and sealed by the looks of it

Thanks for feedback so far ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back