Moving hot tank???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a cold water tank in the loft that feeds a hot tank in the cupboard on the landing. Both were installed as part of a new system 15 years ago. Is there any way we can 'hide' the hot tank in the loft, without incurring huge costs or is their a newer/better system that we can consider in the future? The plan is to take the cupboard out and move a bedroom door!

Sponsored Links
You need a bit of pressure at the hot cylinder, although not a lot, so if you can raise the cold tank (on a very sturdy wooden frame) then you could do that.

However you'd probably be much better off with a nice new unvented cylinder- which would negate the need for the cold tank completely, would be installable in the loft* and would give you DHW at almost mains pressure which is good for showers and stuff.

* Must be installed by someone with an unvented certificat (they're dangerous) and you need to have a tundish in a visible place (ie not the loft).

Many thanks............i'll do some research and let you know how things transpire.........

Sponsored Links
Definitely fit a combi, they are great for giving boiler repairers work and when they stop you HAVE to get them sorted as not only no heating, but no hot water either, and no backup. Every home should have one. Unvented cylinders? wonderful things, can reduce your stock of surplus money a treat if you need anything fixing. :evil:

I have hot & cold tanks in the loft. The cold is on a VERY sturdy frame, apart from being out of the way, I get a good shower head (keep it clean).

ur hot is fed from the cold ?,,,both in the loft ?....any diff in height ?....(their must be !)...thats unusual , for round my part of the country

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back