Moving house and needs windows - UPVC white, grain or h/wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house im after needs new windows, what do you reckon,

hardwood, UPVC white or grain effect

please just say one, you dont have to put a long comment although you can.

oh yeh, anyone know of any places or sites where windows can be bought cheap

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I agree with Breezer - upvc - I've bought from Arkay Windows in Wood Green and Lincoln windows in Enfield - both do made to measure with approx 1 week turnaround. Lincoln probably better as all theirs are internally glazed.

Only downer with uPVC is that if you've got small windows to start with you end up with smaller ones, the frames are so wide ( alloy strengtheners inside them) and then less light.
I would personally go for alloy windows with wood grain (white or brown) finish but ensure they have thermal breaks in them. Mind I would say that as I work in the ally industry !
By the way the 'u' stands for unstable !!!!!

Sponsored Links
I would go for white uPVC being cooler as I find hardwood or woodgrain uPVC effect tend to get hot in the summer and expands & fade slighty.

Convince the factory that you're a busy property developer and you'll get a bigger discount!!!

white upvc , beware of brown upvc as they can absorb the heat and sometimes warp

white, and try Sunset in Oldham & they are cheap! ask for Ally.
[email protected]

I bought a 3*3.5m connie, 2* french doors, front & back door, plus two 1.5*1m windows with openers. £3K inc delivery. The connie was £2300.

Kostello,I

Interesting website,but most people don't want to get the paint brush out more (including me!).

so if the finish has a g'tee of 8 and the windows 10 doesn't that tell you something?

hi can anyone tell me if i need to inform the council if i change my wooden sash windows with pvc sash windows ie what if any are the restrictions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back