Moving internal wall

Hut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wish to move an internal non load bearing stud wall about to increase the size of a bedroom by about 2m. Do I need building regs for this? The guidance talks a lot about rules for load bearing walls which is understandable but this is bog standard stud.

Thanks in advance guys,

Sponsored Links
No Building Regs, as long as it doesn't impact detrimentally on any other room, such as with regard to means-of-escape etc.

No Building Regs, as long as it doesn't impact detrimentally on any other room, such as with regard to means-of-escape etc.

Pleased to hear it! I’ll get a few quotes for the work and take it from there. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I don't think you can automatically assume the wall is non load bearing just because it is a stud wall. As I understand things it does depend on your roof construction and if you have trussed rafters or a traditional roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back