moving into house without building regs

I did. I also said people lived in the property "without it ever being signed off". My point being that people can, and do, live in extensions that BC haven't given the OK to.

You should see the mess I'm sleeping in the middle of at the moment. Beats being subjected to a crying 2 year old. I prefer to take my chances falling through the floor in the middle of the night instead.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Many people tend to not bother with the seemingly innocuous conditions on the planning permission, but they can be very significant when it comes to determining if the planning permission is actually enacted, or whether it's enforceable for four or ten years.

But specifically with conversions, there are normally other planning conditions that should be specifically met before occupation - parking, completion of building regs sign off and the like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back