Moving my radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a little question.
Have some experience in pipe work but not loads.

I am redirecting my radiator pipe from a side wall to under my bay window. The pipes will be under a suspended floor with suitable fixings to ensure they will not move.
I'm pulling up The floor boards next week to install some insulation between the joists. But the new radiator is being custom made and won't be ready until November.
Would it be OK to cut the pipes and cap them off under the floorboards until the new radiator is ready?

Sponsored Links
Yes. If you have exact measurements for your new rad then you'll be better off bringing the tubes up through the floor (with a bit of spare length on them) then cap them, that way you won't need to lift the floorboards again. Or if you're really confident, put the valves on the ends at correct height, you'll only be draining down once.
Don't forget to insulate the underfloor pipes and don't forget inhibitor.

Thanks for the reply.
Ideally I would have the exact measurements but the company making the radiator said they wouldn't have them to hand until a later date.

So they haven't actually drawn it yet let alone scheduled it for fabrication. What measurements did you send them? (Curious now)

Sponsored Links
o_Oo_O As suggested by @oldbutnotdead, surely you have already specified the dimensions or they have taken the dimension, so they should be already known? Otherwise they wouldn't know what to make?? o_Oo_O

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back