Moving power sockets

my advice was independent from what chris wrote..
It followed on from it.

and again, the OP never mentioned the entire ring, chris did..
It followed on from that, and was therefore linked to that, (just like my comment about it being notifiable was) and therefore you should not have given a blanket assurance that adding sockets was non-notifiable.

in your strict interpretation then any more than 1 cable damaged at ANY time during the life of the circuit will mean that the LABC would have to be consulted for any further damaged cables..
I think that multiple, genuine, independent events which damage cables at different times would not require notification for multiple, genuine, independent replacements at different times.

Sponsored Links
I think that multiple, genuine, independent events which damage cables at different times would not require notification for multiple, genuine, independent replacements at different times.

and YOU would grass your mother up - yes you would

If the cable hadn't been so old I would have suggested simple connector crimps, which as a permanent join could have been left in a non serviceable position such as behind the skirting or under the floor.

:LOL: I've just removed a downstairs partition wall and the socket which was on that wall wont reach to its new position. I've lifted the floorboards above and seen that the socket is on the main ring. Am i right in thinking that in order to get the socket to its new position I've got to remove the wires from the back of the socket and crimp on two new lengths? and this is not notifiable!!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back