Moving rad valve across joist for new towel rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Swapping existing radiator for traditional type towel radiator and as pipe centres are closer on new rad and I want to keep it central under the window I need to move supply for one valve the other side of a joist below.

Looking at the joist in question there is suitably sized hole already in it right where I need to move the supply. Only issue I see is it's in the last .25 of the joist (almost at eend of joist).

Do I just go the easy route and use existing hole or patch up hole with ply and make new hole in recommended zone? Thinking another hole is a bad idea..

Sponsored Links
If the hole is already there then I would use it. You would probably weaken the joist even more by trying to patch up the current hole and drilling a new one!

When the architect designed the house I am sure that enough tolerance was given so that slightly weakening 1 joist would not bring the whole house down! I wouldn't let it keep you awake at night ;)

Cheers TCC. Think I've been a silly boy to think too hard about this. You're common sense makes sense!
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back