moving radiator for skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i've a problem when it has come to fitting skirting around the bedroom, recently i had it boarded and skimmed but rather than have them take out the rad they left if and boarded up to it.

problem i have now is that i cannot get the board behind the pipework as there is insufficent gap.

what would be involved if i wanted to have this area behiind boarded and plastered (which i should of had done first place :rolleyes: )

thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
rad pipes will need moving further out from wall may be enough play in pipes under floorboards to move them back

well i've left the pipes free slightly where i've put down laminate as i know its a mare to get up.

i like the idea of hiding the pipework within the wall i imagine this is possible as you say there may be enough play within the pipework under the boards?

i know how to take the rad off myself but as for the work i'd like to do is it better to try myself or call in a pro?

thanks

Remove offending rad, take off brkts and turn round to longer protrusion, or fit 1" latt to wall in place of brkt and attatch brkt to this, Providing enought play in pipework.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :cool:

;)

Sponsored Links
well as the wall behind the rad will be boarded and skimmed to come flush and match the rest i wont need to do that.

all i want to do is move the pipework out, to reach the rads new posisition or better yet hide the pipework behind the board.

say i were to put the pipework behind the wall what kind of joints or attachments would i need out of interest? forgive my lack of knowledge at this point just asking for advice

cheers

does that mean the pipes would have to be cut from under the floor and redone adequelty to allow the right joints to fit within the wall?

does that mean the pipes would have to be cut from under the floor and redone adequelty to allow the right joints to fit within the wall?

More than likely. which ever way you go about it I dont expect you will get away with not altering the pipework :(

;)

well that puts me on a downer as i've only just laid the floor, i didnt think it was an issue till the skirting board was ready.

were due to have fitted wardrobes in soon so perhaps i will get the floor back up and call in a plumber to alter it.

how much should this type of work cost?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back