1 inch gap between wall and toilet - skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have had this toilet installed, but there is skirting board around the room. I was expecting the toilet to sit flush against the wall, but I didn't even think to ask about the skirting board.

Is cutting the skirting board where the toilet will be considered best practice? Is there a technical downside of doing this? Or do I just live with the 1 inch gap? I want to be 100% sure I'm not making things worse by requesting the skirting board is cut.

Many Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_180642.jpg
    IMG_20220516_180642.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20220516_180648.jpg
    IMG_20220516_180648.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 200
Sponsored Links
Is the gap an inch, or 2cm? Skirting boards are 2cm these days, so if more than 2cm gap that suggests it is leaning?

the gap is just over an inch. 3cm - ish. We have the same toilet installed in a different property and that sits flush against a tiled box. What's complicating it here is the skirting. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and it will be fine with the skirting cut out!

Measure the skirting. I guess the toilet it not yet fixed in place then?
I reckon best to just cut the skirting - put toilet in place, mark line with a pencil, then cut skirting board with multi-tool. Silicon any small gaps with sealing the floor etc.

Sponsored Links
yes the skirting should have been cut so that the bowl and pan sit flush to the wall it has not been fitted correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back