Moving sink drain in concrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right in the middle of putting up a stud wall to make the cloakroom smaller to create a hallway to the new garage conversion and Mrs sees the lines I've drawn out and says she hopes that's not where the wall's going.

She's worried about not being able to get the sofa in the new living room so of course now I'm worried, the sofa is ordered and if it doesn't get through the hall (a 30" doors width + a bit) I'll never hear the end of it.

However to make the hall wider I'd have to move the sink drain about a foot. I've never dealt with drainage under the slab before.

1. I'm assuming it goes straight down under the DPM?
2. How much of a pain would it be to move?
3. Would I have to make a trench a lot bigger than the distance I want to move it to be able to manipulate the pipe?
4. What sort of fittings are used?

Cheers,

Dan

Sponsored Links
you need to post some photos,every property is different and if in doubt get a qualified drain installer in.

Oh and ask the Boss first before doing alterations.you know it makes sense :idea:

Not to worry. I've cracked on with the wall in original position now. Lets hope that sofa fits!

Here's a photo of the mess though. She had the cleaner in this morning. :eek:

Attachments

• 20180427_165205.jpg
    20180427_165205.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back