Moving sink waste in a kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a kitchen fitted and the design includes a dishwasher in the space in the photo but as you can see the waste from the sink runs into the internal soil stack (right hand side of photo).

As a result the dishwasher will not fit in, any suggestions for fixing this issue. Can it be lowered and join the soil stack lower down I.e. run under the dishwasher?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will have to remove the panelling of the soil pipe to see how the waste is fixed.

You will then be able to work out if you can blank the Sink waste off and cut into the Soil Pipe and fit a boss and rerun the waste from the sink ,Tee in the Dishwasher lower down.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/grey-pipe-fittings/cat831596
ae235

Thanks for this. The soil pipe is plastic so hopefully this will work.

Have you also considered what to do with those stopcocks? They appear to stick out quite a way which won't help when pushing a dishwasher back in there.

Sponsored Links
I'm hoping they can be replaced with the in-line valves (not sure what they are called but they have a little bit of blue plastic you can switch)

If you are going to change the two stop cocks, put in two full bore slotted isolators.

Bare in mind to put service valves elsewhere and that these two may need to be accessible.

Put iso valves under the sink so it can be use to turn off if need.

If you having trouble with dishwasher fitting in, have you thought about swapping over and turn the sink top around so the dishwasher can be sit on left of sink base?

Or ditch dishwasher and you do the washing? ;)

Daniel

Thanks for the suggestion but with there is a window to the left of the dishwasher so ideally I want it to sit in front of that.

How much of a gap is there between back of dishwasher? Chasing out plaster (not the breeze block / brick ) might be enough and deep enough for waste pipe to run behind dishwasher?

Daniel.

Can you swap dish washer and sink around so you don't need to hide too much and can connect d/w connections under the sink?

Not really, the sink needs to be where it is as that is centrally under the window.

Is a possibility taking the waste outside then run it along externally and try to connect it in that way?

Unfortunately that isn't possible either as there is a L shaped unit which fits in there.

Think its got to go in that space hence the panic about the waste :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back