Moving soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to move a soil pipe from its current position to where rainwater pipe currently sits 6 feet away. I'm assuming both pipes are joined via the same underground sewage pipe. How feasible is it to replace one with the other especially when it comes to joining a new plastic soil pipe to original sewage pipe?

Sponsored Links
Check first to see if you have combined or seperate drains.

This work is also notifiable to local building control too.

If you have a combined drain system you will have to install a slow bend or long radius fitting at the base of the new soil pipe as this will not be present on a rain water downpipe.

The job itself is not difficult but is hands on and if you are removing old cast iron pipes def a 2 person job for safety and handling.

ps you cannot connect your rainwater pipe into the soil stack as this will then vent into your eaves and make your loft area smell like a sewer just in case you had that in mind. They have to be seperate with a gulley trap.

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete, it looks like a combined rainwater/sewage pipe...would this 'rest bend' courtesy of screwfix slip directly on or should I expect to use an adaptor of somesort?

Regards

Tony

you have not stated which type of underground drains you have.

if they are plastic then no adaptor needed.

if they are salt glaze or spun clay, then you will.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response...all I can say at this stage is that they are not plastic, would one of those huge flexible adapters with the metal jubilee clips be the right fitting?

Regards

Tony

Just to cover yourself - if you are in a National Park, Convservation Area, AONB or World Heritage Site and the SVP isn't lower than the roof ridge and on the back of your house - as of 1st Oct this year, you also need planning permission!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back