Moving taps and reducing pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quick 'hi' as Im new to the forum then down to business.
I recently bought an oldish house and am starting to refit the bathroom. The current bath has a 22mm pipe supplying the hot tap and a 15mm supplying the cold. All water is fed from the Worcester Bosch combi boiler we had fitted earlier.
When I replace the bath. I want to change the location of the taps. Would there be any issue in reducing the 22mm pipe down to 15mm, most likely using a pushfit reducing coupler, then running plastic pipe round to the new location, then a tap connector to suit the new bath filler or should I just use 22mm the whole way round for the hot tap. I will also be tee-ing in to add a shower. Will 15mm be ok for this?
I was going to use JG Speedfit grey pipe and connections to do all the above work unless someone tells me its crap and to use something else.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Sponsored Links
15mm should be fine. The 22mm feed is probably from the old gravity system that was there. Obviously the larger the pipe the larger the flow.

As you have a mains fed system then 15mm will be fine.

Personally not a big fan of plastic, but if you are using it make sure it is installed to the letter.ie cut square NOT using a hacksaw, and use the pipe inserts etc etc. If JG then the superseal ones are better.

Hope this Helps

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back