Moving toilet / teeing in to existing soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I need to move rotate the soil stack T piece in the photo below, so that it faces down the wall in the opposite direction (i.e. rotate it 225 degrees)

I don't know much about non push-fit soil fittings from the 1990's, but I'm guessing that that existing T isn't going to want to rotate around? Will the bottom joint have been solvent welded, or is there a chance it's just a push fit in to a plastic rebate?

There's a lot of pipe work at first floor level, so lifting up the pipe work to slot in a new T fitting isn't really an option. Are there any special fittings around that can help in situations where you can't move either end of an existing soil pipe?

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
Sadly you have no chance of rotating the branch fitting as it's solvent welded - if it wasn't then the stack would be leaking. If you want to turn the branch then you'll have to remove everything above ground and start again.

You can leave the higher section in place and use a slip coupling to join onto it once you have removed the lower section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers - I think I knew in my heart it'd have to be that way really....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back