Multi 16 amp distribution board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give me a link/instructions on how to make a board for our Christmas lights.
At the moment I have 3 fixed outdoor waterproof 13amp sockets running off our unused 45amp cooker point & would like to still use the point but would like it to be safer & more organised as all the lights have trailing 16 amp plugs & sockets on them.

Sponsored Links
Given outdoor lighting of that nature, and the fact that you have to ask for instructions on how to build a distribution board, the only safe and sensible advice is please get an electrician.

If I could afford a sparky I wouldnt be asking on how to make one.
I have a good idea on how to do it but thought I'd ask first to make sure I'm making it right.

But you can afford several kW of outside lighting not made for domestic use.

Sponsored Links
Ex-council ones? All the Xmas lights round here have 16A plugs on them.

Hi can anyone give me a link/instructions on how to make a board for our Christmas lights.
Such items are not generally made from parts, they are purchased as pre-assembled and tested items:
http://essentialsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/16a_Distro_.html

While it is possible to buy the individual sockets, cable, plug, internal wiring/connection and a waterproof enclosure, this is likely to cost more than a manufactured unit, plus there is the time taken to assemble and test it, assuming you actually have the required test equipment and know how to use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back