multi-colour bulbs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've seen some spotlights that i think are really cool. They seem to project a 'rainbow' of colour from outer edge to center. These colours can range from cool blue, yellow to red.

I've mainly seen them in posh clubs and also at my gym. I noticed someone on my estate has also installed them in their porch.

Can someone let me know the name of these bulbs and if possible where to get them from.

Thanks

Matt.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like they are just coloured M50 low volt 12v lamps. To get the projection of light you will need the correct type of fitting, these are usually cut out or clear glass filletts. Check the type and try to obtain a reference from the fitting.

i do not agree with above, although i can not disagree either :cry: i have seen similar lamps lighting external signs, and they do have "coloured edges"

all i can suggest is you politley knock on the door of the place you have seen them amd ask what they are

Sponsored Links
yes i agree with you there, seen one that is mostly yellow, but has green and red too

griffta1 said:
Hi,

I've seen some spotlights that i think are really cool. They seem to project a 'rainbow' of colour from outer edge to center. These colours can range from cool blue, yellow to red.

I've mainly seen them in posh clubs and also at my gym. I noticed someone on my estate has also installed them in their porch.

Can someone let me know the name of these bulbs and if possible where to get them from.

Thanks

Matt.

Think you will find this is possibly the effect of the dichroic reflector / refractor used, either as part of the lamp unit or the bulb itself.... Thats my guess anyway!

yeah, it's got to be some sort of refraction effect, would love to find out where to get some from though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back