Multi-fuel Burner - Can't seem to get it working! Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just moved into a new house and there is a multi fuel burner and oil fired central heating.

The oil fired central heating is warming both the water and radiators well but the multi-fuel burner when we moved in to the property wasn't warming either the water or the radiators.

The electrician put a new thermostat on the system and the multi-fuel burner now heats the hot water and we can get hot water from the taps, but still the hot water is not going into the radiators.

There is 2 pumps - 1 for the oil and 1 for the multi-fuel burner and we had a plumber out who couldnt understand why the water wasnt going to the radiators because the pump seemed to be working. So we got another plumber out who said that the 2 pumps were going in opposite directions to each other and would lead to the syste hitting a brick wall and not working because a valve had been put on it that shouldn't have been put on!!!!! However I'm not sure whether to go with this plumbers suggestions to fix it as he gave me wrong advice about another plumbing issue which the other plumber had to fiix correctly!

I can hear the water being heated up in the tank when the burner is on??

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this or what is possible wrong????

thanks in advance,

Sophia

Sponsored Links
Okay, I have had the multi-fuel burner on for 6 hours now and there is a slight bit of heat in the radiators but not much.

How do I fix this, help, anyone please??

hi
i have an oil burner & multi fuel stove,
i only have 1 pump for the whole system, so if the oil burner is on, and the stove not lit, the back boiler in stove acts as a big raditor
do you have motorised valves fitted to system, if so i would check them to see if they open when the multi burner is lit

on my system i have 1 control unit, switches on the pump,oil burner, motorised switches
if i only want multi fuel stove on, i go to oil burner and turn that off at switch (between the control unit, & boiler or pump i fitted a switch,so i can switch them off indivisally)

i can run stove without pump on, that will warm the raditors and water tank,
my stove is extra heat,not the primary heat suorce, is your multi stove up to heating all your raditors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back