multi fuel stove in inglenook fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently uncovered an inglenook fireplace in my home and would like to install a multifuel/woodburner stove. The chimney is not 100% sound with leaks in the loft and between floor spaces, therefore I will have to use a liner 5 or 6" depending on stove. My question is what is the procedure for installation and how do I seal the chimney at the bottom/ fireplace area, so debra can't just fall down. In fact, does the fireplace end even have to be sealed when using a liner? I realise the chimney pot will have to be taken down if a liner is used. Help please.

Sponsored Links
The man for this is oilman but you have an excisting chimney so i cant see why you cant use it without a liner and the leak is on the outside not in the chimney, if you are burning solid fuel you dont have to take the pot down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back