Multi-saw or jigsaw query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm going to get my feet wet and build a wee stool (more like a table) as a footrest. It'll be my first project since I built things in school ages ago.

However the only saws that I have in my arsenal are a Bosch multisaw and a jigsaw. From prior experience as a kid, I know that jigsaws are tricky to use to cut a straight line... but does anyone know how the multisaw would work?

I figured I'd ask before I go and hack up some wood unnecessarily.

I know that I should really have something like a circular saw, but I don't have one at the moment!

Sponsored Links
In all honesty if this is your first attempt I'd say to go with a handsaw, nothing fancy bog standard orange handled Irwin jack saw and take your time and learn along the way.
Any cut be it with a hand or power saw will need cleaning up for a furniture project so you should be looking at getting a plane and then there's the other tools for the job..drills ....chisels ...etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back