Multikwik or McAlpine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to buy a flexible wc connector for a new toilet into a cast iron soil pipe. The longest I've seen is in B&Q but I'm wary about the quality. From what I've read Multikwik or McAlpine are the main ones - anyone have a view on the best? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Being from up North I always go for McAlpine :)

Seriously though, I do prefer the quality to MultiK.

I'm originally from up north so I'll try to favour McAlpine ;)

Although I'm not going to do it now, at some point in the future I could easily install a shower cubicle (downstairs bathroom, aging relative). I'm thinking of a bossed connector for the shower waste would be worth using.

Now, this is no doubt a stupid question but they do come with capped ends don't they, for when not in use? :oops:
View media item 89932 View media item 89936

Sponsored Links
Yes come with caps, but think your shower tray must be a bit high!

Yes, you're right, the shower would be high. When the previous owner turned it into a downstairs bathroom he installed very shallow drainage. When you walked into the room you had to step up on to a false floor under which all the pipes ran. We've pulled all that out and dispensed with the bath. Fortunately there's still enough fall for the soil pipe, but in the event a shower was ever installed it'd have to have to be on a platform. It's not something I'd want to do but at least there's a high ceiling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back