Multimeters

J Bean said:
Hello...

can anyone recommend a decent multimeter.. im in the heating trade.. still a little bit fresh to it... and require a multimeter to test voltage and resistance... maybe temp also... someone recommended a fluke 116... it looks ideal.. but i didnt wana spend that much seen as though its the first multimeter i purchase and i suppose i still need to familarise myself with a multimeter...

what do you suggest?

i was in the same boat i went down to worcester boiler training centre about 4 years ago and the boffins their said to me the best one to use which is realy easy to understand is a fluke 16

i got one from america cost me £32.00 on e bay over here they are about £130 you will find this perfect for the job.

Sponsored Links
Yeah go for the fluke's every time. The thing about em is that if you do accidently connect em to the mains on ohms setting, then you just need to replace a couple of fuses. The cheaper ones will do a mission impossible immitation and self destruct in a plume of purple smoke :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back