Multinational forced to pay some tax

That's funny.

After I answered the question, you tried to change it.

So your question wasn't honest, was it?
thats funny, the question was simple, the answer was "people delayed earning the money because they knew the change was coming", but you gave a long winded answer about how people on humble incomes, blah blah blah. Who funnily enough weren't even subject to the 50% tax to start with. Did you mistakenly answer a different question, or were you dishonestly twisting the reply?

Sponsored Links
You agree ?
that low paid employees were not subject to the top rate of tax - well of course. Or that people were able to manage their income to defer earning it. it's not exclusive to high earners. I have a relative who works for Poundland and people refuse promotions to avoid losing benefits and in the middle category people top up their pensions to avoid tripping in to 40% tax.

The rules are clear, we all have the same ability to manage tax efficiently. I'm happy to disclose the %age I pay, those moaning about the wealthy and their taxes say MYOB.

, but you gave a long winded answer about how people on humble incomes,

I gave an answer with a few common examples of how people do what you asked. Your question was about manipulating income.

You didn't like it.

Of course you already knew that people manipulate income to their own advantage

You didn't mention 50% tax.

Your question wasn't honest and now you are trying to slither away.

Sponsored Links
but the cut wasnt announced till march 2012 budget so thats saying people were possibly hiding money away 2 years before hand for other reasons anyway . yep the 2013 would be low after the announcement but were still higher than the previous year
Complain to HMRC, it's their claim.

I gave an answer with a few common examples of how people do what you asked. Your question was about manipulating income.

You didn't like it.

Of course you already knew that people manipulate income to their own advantage

Good heavens JohnD you are steering a path clear of the truth today, fortunately the forum posts can serve as a reminder.

When the higher tax rate was cut by 5% the revenue from tax actually rose
For a number of reasons, including delaying tax payments by high earners. It's hard to point to why it really happened.
Please do share how we can choose to delay when we pay tax. Or are you suggesting people delayed earning the money because they knew the change was coming?

Please do share how we can choose to delay when we pay tax. Or are you suggesting people delayed earning the money because they knew the change was coming?

That was your question.

I answered it.

Again you are being dishonest..

The discussion was clearly about the 50% rate being cut to 45% tax, a claim followed that receipts increased, a suggestion was made that people deferred payment (in fact they deferred earning). Were there any other tax rates cut by 5%, no. But of course you knew that.

You do seem obsessed with other people's tax affairs, remind me again what %age of your income is paid in income tax? Oh that's right I need to mind my own business.

You do seem obsessed with other people's tax affairs, remind me again what %age of your income is paid in income tax?

Wrong. I don't ask people their income or tax band.

You, however....

...A different question. But you know this.

My guess is that you pay hardly any and would be embarrassed about the hypocrisy of focusing attention on other people's tax affairs, people who pay considerably more tax.

...A different question. But you know this.

My guess is that you pay hardly any and would be embarrassed about the hypocrisy of focusing attention on other people's tax affairs, people who pay considerably more tax.
Well, it would be foolish of him to not take his own tax avoiding advice, wouldn’t it?

she can put £3,600 this year into a Cash Isa and get tax-free interest, and another £3,600 in April when the next tax year starts.

Of course, it’s even better for those who want to avoid paying tax nowdays.

I'm only allowed to move £20k a year into the ISA, and £2880 into a pension

After decades of government policies that treat housing as an investment not a right, many say they would be lucky to even find a stable, affordable place to rent.
Underpinning it all is that buying a house is astronomically expensive - the average property now costs about nine times an ordinary household's income, triple what it was 25 years ago.
Australia has made home ownership virtually unattainable for almost anyone without family wealth. Last month the boss of a major bank, ANZ, said home loans had become "the preserve of the rich".
Social or subsidised housing - once a safety net for those on low or moderate incomes - is not an option for most Australians either. The number of homes available is less than half of what is needed to meet immediate demand and wait lists are years long.

After decades of government policies that treat housing as an investment not a right, many say they would be lucky to even find a stable, affordable place to rent.
Underpinning it all is that buying a house is astronomically expensive - the average property now costs about nine times an ordinary household's income, triple what it was 25 years ago.
Australia has made home ownership virtually unattainable for almost anyone without family wealth. Last month the boss of a major bank, ANZ, said home loans had become "the preserve of the rich".
Social or subsidised housing - once a safety net for those on low or moderate incomes - is not an option for most Australians either. The number of homes available is less than half of what is needed to meet immediate demand and wait lists are years long.
It's happening in many countries.
Maybe it's demand outstripping supply, money supply, inflation, or other issues, but land and housing costs are rising very fast in lots of countries over the last few years.
Those that can are re-locating to cheaper countries for house purchase, as they always have, but that just moves the problem on.

Sponsored Links
Back