Multiple Mixer showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the wife went insane attempting to fit everything in the world in a small bathroom, she's decided she wants to leave it and do the upstairs bathroom. Fortunately, this has proven to be much easier in terms of planning. Corner bath with shower enclosure, chunt and a sink. Simples.

Looking at the shower options, I'm wanting to replace the electric shower with a mixer. We've got an unvented hot water tank and the cold feed that goes up to the bathroom is past the pressure reducer to the hot tank, so it should be straightforward.

My only real concern is that if/when we do up the main bathroom, if we put a mixer shower in there cause any issues if both were run at the same time?

The other option is to keep the electric thats in there and plumb it in direct off the mains. It's got a bit of weirdness about it running of the current cold feed in that it doesn't get decent flow unless you open the tap on the sink briefly...

Sponsored Links
Wossa "chunt" then, actually?

Is dat youfspeak for an urinal?

I only ask becos that sounds rude too me.

UV and Electric shower are both reliant on incoming mains pressure and flow but a leccie shower has to heat the water instantaneously and therefore restricts the flow rate. It also costs a lot more to run.

Draw everything from the UV.

And, I presume a “chunt” is a wc pan... never heard it called that before :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Haha! I've never seen any of those definitions. I've always heard it used to refer to a toilet pan, although I think it's more commonly called chunty.

So long as have 2 mixers won't cause a problem with them both being ran. Opening the taps doesn't do a lot to the flow so i think you'll get a decent shower with 2 running.

The upstairs will be our main shower so I'm keen for it to be the sort of shower where you want to live in it rather than an electric where you feel like your in a Morrissey video.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back