Multiple Zone Smart heating upgrade - replacing four timers/zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like many, I'm looking to move from dumb to smart but i seem to have an unusual starting point (rebuild about 10 years ago)
Current arrangement as below...

1701099577700.png

There is UFH with 4 room stats - 8 loops. I know this is independent of the other wall stat controlling the two sets of rads (upstairs and downstairs).
There are 4 programmers (timers) - 2 x ST9400s is potential fly in the ointment.
Thinking of the Wiser solution - e.g. Wiser Thermostat Kit 3
but how to replace both timers?

1701099938953.png

If it helps here's a pic of the wiring.

There are four motorised vales in all - two upstairs and two near the boiler (presumably HW and UFH)

TIA

Sponsored Links
An update to the wiring centre - question is how to wire in (a smart controller) to address four zones? TIA
1701192278915.png

Also the HeatMiser
1701192338426.png

Zero zone with a wiser hub and rad valves/ufh strips.

Every heat emiter gets a valve or switch.
These are all registered individually in the app and you control accordingly.

Your boiler bypass will need to be correct because you get the ability to lock out all valves. Easy enough.

Then you can control one emmiter or all of them at your will.

I do this. Works great.

You could/might argue that having the boiler on for just one room may be is a bit of a cycling load on the boiler but meh, I'd rather be using it than looking at it.

Sponsored Links
Interesting suggestion. It happens I'm also looking (learning) at boiler modulation so this arrangement would be counter to that. Such is the joys of heating i guess. Will keep an open mind at this stage. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back