Multiway switching

Perceived circuit as buzzed out, without knowing what or where other junctions occurred.
45 Perry St hall.gif

Sponsored Links
Perceived circuit as buzzed out, without knowing what or where other junctions occurred.
View attachment 147817
All that's missing is another PL on Hall 1 terminal 3. After I provided one from 'WC' but before testing or power restored, Mrs Customer produced a second cup of tea and happened to offer the margarine tub of leftover random screws etc where there was a short piece of red 1mm² wire. Sadly 'WC' is on a different RCD and no other PL existed in the switch but luckily I was able to reconfigure the 2way 'outside' switches to bring one in.

Then there followed a comment about 'it started tripping last year when the house was rewired but we never use that switch anyway'. It seems the rewire was a CU change, arranged by the Landlord.

Oh and right at the end, after all tools packed up etc they remembered a 4th switch which sits between Hall 1 & Hall 3 with 47mm back box which contains the whole circuits junction box in the form of a piece of choc bloc.

I must add the quality of workmanship throughout is extremely good except the replaced CU is classic of making the best of what's there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back