Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I'm renovating my house after severe flood damage due to a burst water pipe
I've removed all the ceilings and most of the plaster from the walls
And the house is now dry, it took five weeks with a industrial dehumidifier
The first photo shows how mushrooms had grown on all the woodwork
The other two photos show how I have managed to clean the damn things off
All the timber is now dry, and my question is, do I need to treat the wood with anything
Maybe like a wood preserver, or a anti fungalside, or would the woodwork be ok as is
Thanks for any advice
Mike

ceiling3.jpg

ceiling4.jpg

ceiling2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Dunno about that side of it M8 :oops: but that cold water cistern is very poorly installed and hardly supported :idea: hope that helps - maybe put this into building section?

Dunno about that side of it M8 :oops: but that cold water cistern is very poorly installed and hardly supported :idea: hope that helps - maybe put this into building section?

Thanks Nige, the water tank is on my to do list

Sponsored Links
In all truth the timber should be ok if left to dry out fully, most types of wet rot will die out without a source of moisture.
That said cleaning it down and treating with something like cuprinol won't do any harm and will probably give you piece of mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back