Music Downloads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my post about finding a song, I have today purchased some tracks from the woofing website.

When I came to download them.......nothing. Rang the helpline, and was informed,

"[Snigger] You can't download them if you have Win ME."

"So, to access the songs I have paid for, I need to buy a new PC? [My old one will not support Vista]"

"Er....Yes."

Anybody got any comments?

[Apart from "you doddering old ****er!!"]

Sponsored Links
Windows ME always was the lemon o/s. Can't you get a copy of XP to run on it?

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Whats the spec of the machine?

Dunno!!

But it was going out of date when I got it.

How much would XP be anyway, assuming it could support it?

I was just the same hanging onto my antiquated PC and trying to get by but eventually i took the plunge and got an up to date one and now wonder why i put myself through all the hardship of non compatibility for so long, go on secure get a new pc rather than think of upgrading yours youll not regret it and find it opens up a whole new world of possibilities ;)

securespark said:
Spark123 said:

Dunno!!

My God surespark your a dino get rid of that garbage yea have there you can pick a running computer with xp for £25 off the car bootie

securespark said:
Spark123 said:

Dunno!!

You can buy a copy of XP home (OEM) for about £50-£60 from the likes of ebuyer. (OEM means you can install it on one machine only, you cannot remove it and install it on another).
If you go to your system properties it may give you some info on what sort of chip, amount of ram you PC has. Size of hard disk?
Might be worth biting the bullet though given its age. I got a PC with ME on it once, lasted about 3 days before the hard disk got formatted and win 98 put on!!

securespark said:
Spark123 said:

Dunno!!

If you want to know the machines spec, click on start->run

type winmsd

click on ok, post the results on here !

Spark123 said:
securespark said:
Spark123 said:

Dunno!!

You can buy a copy of XP home (OEM) for about £50-£60 from the likes of ebuyer. (OEM means you can install it on one machine only, you cannot remove it and install it on another).
If you go to your system properties it may give you some info on what sort of chip, amount of ram you PC has. Size of hard disk?
Might be worth biting the bullet though given its age. I got a PC with ME on it once, lasted about 3 days before the hard disk got formatted and win 98 put on!!

I've got a copy of Win98 1st Edition on CD Rom. But that isn't supported by HMV either...

Will have a look at Sys props.

EDIT:

Running Win ME 4.90.3000

AMD Athlon XP2000+ with 256 of RAM.

32 bit.

HDD - 76.6Gb with 65Gb free.

What d'you reckon? Chuck or reconfigure with XP? Is it worth going for Vista?

vista is new, let every one elese "test it for a few years first"

if it were me (and it isnt) i would get a new pc, xp loves ram, your mobo may not support enough for it to operate, and if your HD is old, it being mechanical time to get a new one, oh and mobo, and processor and psu, new OS, almost got a new pc

they really are easy to build, you can even get a mobo with processor and fan fitted

Sponsored Links
Back