Musical towel radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a new build house. Towel radiators in both the main bathroom and en-suite. Always did have a lot of noise and knew that they needed bleeding, and finally got around to it.

Strange type of valve. Crack it open, air comes out, but no water... did this a few times over the next few days, and eventually after leaving valve open for twenty minutes or so (nothing audible coming out after the first few seconds) water started to come out. Great I thought! Finally bled properly...

However, with the cold weather the heating has been turned on earlier and earlier, and now I am woken every day by the musical towel radiators... ting, ting, ting, ting and so on.....

All the other normal radiators are fine... just the towel ones...

Anything I can do or check? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It could be the sound of normal expansion, if the noise stops when the rails get warm.
20 minutes is a hell of a time to allow rads to bleed....do you have a combi or open vented system, and what was strange about the valve?
John :)

Its a sealed system. Your probably right.. it does quieten down once warm..

I thought the valve was strange because air come out... then stopped, then no water :?: both of them took twenty minutes more or less until water appeared... (there was pressure)..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back