Mutiple lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am adding a new light and switch from an existing junction box on the lighting circuit.

If I want to add multiple lights from this junction box can I put another junction box after the switch.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
If I understand what you asking correctly, you which you have a switch, supplied for an existing junction box, to go on and supply a second junction box which will have a number of lights connected to it.

There is no reason you can't do that, but bare in mind:

a) you need to bring the neutral from the first junction box, directly into the second, and the live needs to go via the switch.

b) all the lights connected into your second junction box will be operated by the new switch

c) the total current consumption of the new lights must not exceed that of the maximum current of the wiring used, or the junction boxes (this is unlikely anyway, but worth considering if you are adding a lot of lights, or a number of outdoor floodlights etc... and as you haven't stated any details, thought it best to mention!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back