Mwah mwah kiss kiss cheek pecks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just generally uncomfortable with too much bodily contact if it isn't invited.

So this mwah mwah thing; I just don't know what to think about it:

women to women: suppose it's ok, a handshake seems too formal
women to men: too much bodily contact for me, some men might get a bit excited
men to men: no way, unless you are camp.
men to women: could be seen as sexually aggressive?

And then there's the whole "one cheek or two" thing.

And is it more acceptable if you live in London? Or Europe? Or work in advertising?

Do you kiss the cheek(s), or is it an "air" kiss, or do you touch cheeks?

Sort me out, please!

Sponsored Links
Full on the lips mate, but then I do now have a restraining order on me :(

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
And then there's the whole "one cheek or two" thing.

And is it more acceptable if you live in London? Or Europe? Or work in advertising?

Do you kiss the cheek(s), or is it an "air" kiss, or do you touch cheeks?
No 'air' kisses, please (feels as phoney as a weak hand shake, blaaah)

Dutch: three kisses on the cheeks (left, right, left) between man - woman and mostly between woman - woman (friends, family, colleagues at parties, birthdays etc)
France: 4 kisses on cheeks (that one always throws me ;))

cant wait to meet one of you lot hehe

mwah mwah hehe :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
Dutch: three kisses on the cheeks (left, right, left) between man - woman and mostly between woman - woman (friends, family, colleagues at parties, birthdays etc)
France: 4 kisses on cheeks (that one always throws me ;))

Flip, that would take a long time. So that explains why the British had the biggest empire! All that time the Europeans were kissing each other, Britain was invading countries and suppressing the locals.

notb665 said:
So that explains why the British had the biggest empire! All that time the Europeans were kissing each other, Britain was invading countries and suppressing the locals.
:LOL: :LOL:
Better check your history: how many countries did GB 'take-over' from the Dutch (who came in kissing the locals, I think ;))

WoodYouLike said:
Better check your history: how many countries did GB 'take-over' from the Dutch (who came in kissing the locals, I think ;))

I didn't say GB took over any countries from the Dutch, and I can't be bothered to check if they did or vice-versa, although I am sure it happened on both sides.

The point is Europeans spend too much time kissing each other, or as you say "kissing the locals" of countries they have invaded.

Sponsored Links
Back