Jamie Oliver's no kiss rule

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the story...
ITN - Thursday, October 9 07:04 am
Jamie Oliver has admitted not kissing his "minging" fans for fear of contracting herpes. The TV chef said he refrained from physical contact at book signings to protect himself from the sexually transmitted infection.

Oliver's comments, made on the same day as his latest London book signing, are unlikely to go down well with his fans. The 33-year-old said: "In the old days (of book signings) I used to get the knickers and the bras. It was good. Filth whispered in me ears." He said: "They're just bored of me now. I'm just that geezer who keeps, you know, doing these worthy things around the country."
First off, I think we can safely say... 'minging' fans!... errr, Hello Kettle, Pot here!

Second, apparently he used to get 'knickers and bras and filth whispered in his ears'. Apart from it turning my stomach, I really have difficulty in believing anyone under the age of 80 would find the cockney cook attractive.

Finally,
'I'm just that geezer who keeps, you know, doing these worthy things around the country.'
'keeps.. doing worthy things!' So you're not doing it to raise your profile yet again and sell your new book?

Sponsored Links
He' s a bit of a nobhead, but anyone who would class themselves a 'fan' of a chef who's been on the telly is just as nobby as he is.

I take it you are not a huge fan then! :LOL:
I've never 'got him' Carlo. I just don't see what it is that people find so endearing. I just find him irritating. But, each to ones own I suppose. I did however find this story a bit rich. I mean he's no bl**dy oil painting himself!

Sponsored Links
I'd imagine it to be a very sloppy messy kiss from him?

Back