Jamie Oliver's new book

Jamie oliver is a ****! I've killed loads of meat, steers, pigs etc but I do it out of sight of joe public, its this eec stuff, same as milk, i was told I couldnt milk until I had stainless steel parlors etc so I went out and milked in the field, oliver git face does it to make dinner ladies look stupid, he has it coming to him, anyway its ok, I gave up the "get off my land" stuff years ago and now I'm a veggie artist **** that rubs shoulders with the likes of jamie oliver lol, its ok guys I'm on the vino. :cry: of joy.

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
I have received an email which is worded thus:

>Cook book = £20
>Ingredients = £10
>Getting sacked for "accidentally" releasing the book to the entire
>planet before it even hits the shelves = PRICELESS!
>
>It seems that someone at Jamie Oliver's publishing company sent a word
>document version of his 2nd book to one of their mates. Unfortunately
>for the poor sap who sent the word document, it is now flying around
>the web at a rate of knots..so print what you like AND please spare a
>thought for the poor b*****r that originally sent it, while enjoying the
>food you make from the recipes!!!
>
>The deal of the day - Jamie Oliver's latest cook book.
>RRP £20 at most participating book stores.
>Yours for nothing!
>
>Enjoy & pass it on.

Attached to it was indeed a Word document of his new book. It looked good.

This irritates me. I hate people with a "something for nothing" attitude. I was always bought up with "If you want something, you have to work for it". Why is it good that this email will take away some of his earnings? Fair enough, he's a rich man, but he has worked hard and done some very good things. Why is it people in this country seem to resent people who are successful, when they should be pleased for them?

Don't worry...it's a hoax. Just some old recipes cobbled together - been around for months

Story

Ah yes - so it is. Thanks!

Still, the "something for nothing" sentiment, which is what I originally posted about (not the actual content), still applies and still annoys me.

Richardp said:
Jamie oliver is a ****! I've killed loads of meat, steers, pigs etc but I do it out of sight of joe public, its this eec stuff, same as milk, i was told I couldnt milk until I had stainless steel parlors etc so I went out and milked in the field, oliver git face does it to make dinner ladies look stupid, he has it coming to him, anyway its ok, I gave up the "get off my land" stuff years ago and now I'm a veggie artist **** that rubs shoulders with the likes of jamie oliver lol, its ok guys I'm on the vino. :cry: of joy.

Mind you don't step off the island then ..

PizzArtist ? :D

And there's us thinking you were a house painter - not. ;) :D :D

Wintering in Viccy this year? ;)

Sponsored Links
No not in melbourne this winter pip, my kids have come here for the winter which I'm sure they regret already, its going to be nice having little people around at christmas.
Apologies to jamie if he comes on here, It was the wine speaking.

but to go back to the original thread, I don't think it makes that much difference to the likes of J Oliver if his book is published on the web after all the recipes are only new versions of old ones it all been done before but its having the book in the book case that folk like or on the coffee table, same as people downloading music, Robby Williams dosnt look like he's too out of pocket and hell its nice to get something for free after all everyone seems to want abit of us these days anyways I'm off to ebay, I havnt bought even one present yet for the grown ups and I'm told you can get great value socks and pants there, pity we cant download them
;)

Richardp said:
............. I'm off to ebay, I havnt bought even one present yet for the grown ups and I'm told you can get great value socks and pants there, pity we cant download them
;)

Used of course ... washed we hope ..... Or do you??

Download? ... Nah, go by sea. Get a friend in penzpants to hitch 'em on that old Scillonian hand rail ... get a good washing that way .. the fish'll clean 'em off...
:D :D :D :D

LOL hell! too cold for washing this time of year. :LOL: :LOL:
scillonians laid up for the winter, this is the alternative which is very slow.

Sponsored Links
Back