Jamie Oliver's new book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have received an email which is worded thus:

>Cook book = £20
>Ingredients = £10
>Getting sacked for "accidentally" releasing the book to the entire
>planet before it even hits the shelves = PRICELESS!
>
>It seems that someone at Jamie Oliver's publishing company sent a word
>document version of his 2nd book to one of their mates. Unfortunately
>for the poor sap who sent the word document, it is now flying around
>the web at a rate of knots..so print what you like AND please spare a
>thought for the poor bugger that originally sent it, while enjoying the
>food you make from the recipes!!!
>
>The deal of the day - Jamie Oliver's latest cook book.
>RRP £20 at most participating book stores.
>Yours for nothing!
>
>Enjoy & pass it on.

Attached to it was indeed a Word document of his new book. It looked good.

This irritates me. I hate people with a "something for nothing" attitude. I was always bought up with "If you want something, you have to work for it". Why is it good that this email will take away some of his earnings? Fair enough, he's a rich man, but he has worked hard and done some very good things. Why is it people in this country seem to resent people who are successful, when they should be pleased for them?

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
.................. Why is it people in this country seem to resent people who are successful, when they should be pleased for them?

They are the equivalent of the playground bully, low self esteem, insecurity, typical unfortunately of many bosses too who will not employ people they see as cleverer than them. Me? I would always pick people cleverer than me, I don't want everybody in the firm as thick as I am, (but then I'm the only one here so far ;) )

He was voted to have the mouth most worth punching.

He does some stupid things too like cutting a sheeps throat Muslim style while the sheep was still alive.

joe

joe-90 said:

He does some stupid things too like cutting a sheeps throat Muslim style while the sheep was still alive.

joe

Well, that is how the Muslims do it.

Sponsored Links
dg123 said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Well, that is how the Muslims do it.

Yes. It's illegal for you and me ordinary white folk to do it - but we musn't upset the Muslims eh (nudge nudge wink wink).

joe

Animals are killed in this country while they are still alive.

oilman said:

Well, that kinda..........makes sense............otherwise you wouldnt be killing them coz they would already be dead :!: :rolleyes:

oilman said:

Yes but it's a quick bolt to the head so the animal is not aware of what is going on.

The Muslims, however, are allowed to cut the animals throat with a knife (Ken Bigley style). If you or I did that we'd be arrested and jailed.

joe

joe-90 said:
Yes. It's illegal for you and me ordinary white folk to do it - but we musn't upset the Muslims eh (nudge nudge wink wink).

joe

Ordinary, you ain't

Yes but it's a quick bolt to the head so the animal is not aware of what is going on.

Not for pigs nor chickens to name but two. Not for the government and Defra when they want to illegally kill millions of healthy animals under some trumped up foot and mouth charge, they can beat them with clubs and shovels..

oilman said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Ordinary, you ain't

I'll take that as a compliment.

joe

Shock horror! Animals are killed to make meat.

Joe, joe, joe. Muslims can be 'white' aswell.

notb665 said:
Shock horror! Animals are killed to make meat.

Joe, joe, joe. Muslims can be 'white' aswell.

What do you mean 'make meat'? What is it before its made into meat?

Yes I know Muslims can be white but if you or I slit the thoat of sheep like the Muslims do we'd be arrested. Why is that?

joe

joe-90 said:

it's

joe-90 said:

An animal.

joe-90 said:
Yes I know Muslims can be white but if you or I slit the thoat of sheep like the Muslims do we'd be arrested. Why is that?

It's their religion innit.

Religion shouldn't allow cruelty to animals otherwise it's not worth nuffink.

joe

joe-90 said:
Religion shouldn't allow cruelty to animals otherwise it's not worth nuffink.

joe

C'mon Josiphilus, if it is not worth nothing ... Then it must be worth something.... um, - x - = + geddit? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back