My Baxi 105e Hot Water Flow Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am after some help. My Baxi 105e combi boiler has recently started needing to have hot water taps or shower at full flow to get the hot water. Having looked on here already might it be a problem with the diaphram? If so is this costly/possible to fix and would it be in the limits of a competant DIYer?

Thanks for any help!

Henry

Sponsored Links
We charge £106 inclusive to repair including a service.

However, if its the diaphragm failed then many DIYers manage to replace them.

If trying to do it yourself then also replace the pin gland at the same time as they usually leak.

Search this forum and you will find some advice on how to do it simply.

Tony

thanks for reply, i'll have a look on here for tips on replacing diaphram

Update, when i took the cover off, I saw the pin from the diaphragm (i think!) does not engage the micro switch until tap open fully, so i think this confirms diaphragm problem. It looks fairly easy to replace, but thought i'd get a price: one company quoted £100 to do it!

Sponsored Links
you should manage this yourself, its easy enough.

10 minute job part ranges from £8 to £15 depending where you buy it

thanks for advice, it does look straight forward, is it bes to replace the whole valve which the diaphragm sits in or just replace the diaphragm itself?

Easier to change the complete valve Prt No. 248063 £25ish

Just wanted to thank all who replied and helped me sort my boiler! £9 diaphragm and literally 5 mins later sorted! And £90 saved on plumber! Big thanks for advice. Despite Parts Centre telling me I had to be corgi registered to change the diaphragm (so went online for part) there were no problems.

Henry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back