My boiler and its hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a 6 month old ferroli f30b. The problem is that its basically pot luck to get hot water from the boiler: the symptoms are as follows which again dont happen all the time and neither do they occur together:

1) the boiler will look as if its going to fire up for hot water even though theres no tap on, it wil click and the tap light will momentary come on.

2) when you turn the cold tap off the boiler will click, heating goes off and the boiler tap light come on and momentary clicks to fire up but then goes off.

3) for no apparent reason, the boiler will click between heating and hot water, again there are no taps on in the house, it will click over 3-4 times.

4) when the heating is running and you turn the hot tap on, the heating will still run so you get luke warm water from the tap, obviously when the heating goes off, the tap goes cold (note problem 2 doesnt happen when this one does)

5) you can turn the hot water on and nothing, no clicks or anything no hot water, just comes through ice cold (doesnt happen when problem 2 does)

Ferroli have been out and sods law, it workes great when they were here, but one day on its up to old tricks.

Ive tried to give as much detail as poss, but please ask any questions.

I would like to give thanks for any contributions in advance.

Andy

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have dead legs containing air which is causing the boiler to switch to hot water momentarily. If this is the case then a non return valve might cure it.

However, if the boiler fails to sense a DHW flow then perhaps the flow sensor is faulty and does not operate reliably and perhaps causes the first problem ramdomly as a result of the fault?

Its going to be a quite simple fault but intermittent problems are often difficult to trace.

Tony

Hi, thanks for the reply, the feroli man checked the flow valve, and said its ok - do you think its an installation or ferroli issue, this is driving me nuts.

The ferroli engineer did suggest a non return valve on the cold inlet also, but i just think that there are some other issues as well.

Thanks

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back