My Danfoss CP715 Electronic Programmer just went blank!?!

M

mevtickin3

Hi guys, after a bit of help...

I have a Danfoss CP715 Electronic Programmer, and this morning I noticed that the time has stuck at exactly 06:30, about 10 minutes later the display went blank but left both red led's on and the boiler continued to fire. It remained like this for another 10 minutes, when I decided to switch it off at the spur.

I tried to reset the device using the front r/s switch but I can't get it to click for some reason?

Any ideas what's wrong with it?!?
It must have power, as the red led's are on for heat and water, just the LCD is off.

Sponsored Links
The reset won't click. Just hold it in for a couple of seconds then release.

If this doesn't work, then it sounds like a new one.

I've had a run on these programmers behaving badly like this recently :confused:

Thanks mate, I'll try at lunch.
I noticed screwfix have the FS715, so I'm thinking I'll just swap it straight out for that if it comes to it. it's £52, does that sound about right.

I take it I just isolate at the fused spur and rewire the new one identically?

Seems like a common fault,ive replaced quite a few doing the same thing.
The base plate is interchangeable,all you should need to do is take the old one off,and slot the new one on,dont bother rewiring the base plates.

Sponsored Links
Great stuff, thanks for your help. Can I just slot the FS715 in where the CP715 originally was then...

oh, and how do I do that exactly :confused: sorry if obvious, does it slide off or unscrew?

Yes you can.

There are 2 small screws under the programmer. Turn the power off, loosen these off and just pull and lift the old one off.

Fitting the new one is the reverse of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back