Blank screen - Danfoss Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have an issue with a Danfoss Programmer - the LCD display goes blank and the HW and CH is permanently on as per the red lights being on!

Not sure if it is broken or needs replacement. Any advice will be great

Model number could be Danfoss tp9000 (not sure)

Attached pic for reference

Attachments

• Danfoss.jpeg
    Danfoss.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,025
Sponsored Links
what happens iff you push the square r/s[i assume reset] with a pencil or similar

what happens iff you push the square r/s[i assume reset] with a pencil or similar
I havent tried that as currently programmer is running as per schedule.

So not sure about resetting it as issue looks to be with blank screen only.

Sponsored Links
Do you usually have HW and CH on all the time?

Trying the reset would always be the first port of call, as per @big-all 's reply, if that doesn't work then the LCD is goosed and the programmer needs replaced.
Thanks Madrab.

No i got timer schedules for them but after screen getting blank both lights were switched on strangely.

Is it any indication of low battery if it uses any or any key to switch on the screen which i am missing?

So if the reset doesn't work i need to replace the whole unit ?

If so who can fit them is it electrician?

If I remember rightly these are mains fed and don't have a battery backup so chances are the LCD's gone, give Danfoss a call to confirm. An electrician familiar with heating controls could replace, alternatively a CH installer would fit.

Did you manage to fix this, the same thing is happening with mine. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back