My DIY Jaccuzi installation problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all,

Very fresh on this forum as I'm installing a DIY Jaccuzi in my garden.
For that I use a Fiberglass thank wich is 2.3m long on 1.3 m width, purchase my water pump, air blower and 4 nozzle that were installed on the tub.

Upon installation of everything my garden, piping done, run test was conducted yesterday.

I place a non returning valve on the pipe coming from the air blower to the first nozzle of my tub... After running the airblower in combination of the water pump for about 6-7 mins, the air blower get very hot as well as the piping coming out from the air blower to the tub...

I don't think it should get that hot thought and was wondering if anyone would have an idea on what would be the problem.

Thanks for your advise.

The Tub is composed of 4 nozzles, 2 intake nozzle to return the water to the water pump, a water pump obviously and an airblower.

Sponsored Links
There's low demand for these over here :p
However, I would guess that the air from the pump is over restricted and therefore getting hot due to it being compressed somewhat......does that make any sense?
Usually to govern fans, its the input thats restricted, not the output.
John :)

Oh yeha for sure... That I figure out already but maybe I was missing something in the installation to avoid the build up of pressure causing the over heating... Maybe a pressure relief valve?

Anyway if here is not the place to check on this matter, I will have to find another forum.

Thank you anyway for your reply.
Take care.

Pascal.

Try running the air pump without any of its outlets connected - if it then runs cool, maybe I'm on the right track!
I would have hoped the air pump would have had some installation instructions with it?
Regards

Sponsored Links
We'll try that later today... Unfortunately no any manuals available with the pump... Here in the UAE we are dealing with tomatoes salesman sad to say... So even if they work in a specialize Pool shop they are not aware of what they are selling...

I tried the air pump without any fittings but not for long, at least not long enought to notice that it was heating.

What happen is the blower gets real hot as well as the PVC pipe feeding the tub and the glue used to fix all the connection is melting back! Thats how it gets hot!

Definitly not normal.

Thats pretty extreme to say the least.....at a guess I'd say that the pump needed an interim piece of tubing before connecting to the PVC stuff......we have this with boilers over here - its not allowed to connect plastic pipe directly to them, at least one metre of copper pipe is needed first.

Yes but so true John, so you think I should place such tubing before my PVC pipes? But I reckon it would get even hotter no? I don't have much space for that anyway...or maybe that is the reason why it is overheating? Is that the distance between the air blower and the first nozzle is about 1m not more...

You think I should probably relocate the air blower further away?

The air pumps are often not designed for continuous use and mine has a cut out which operates when too hot, imagine the temp where you are will reduce effective running time, we never run for more than a few minutes.
You may have too powerful a pump or too few outlets as pump and outlets need to be balanced.

Yes I was thinking that I should have add 2 more outlets... at present I have 4 of them now I rearelly see people in a Jacuzzi just enjoying their bubbles for a couple of minutes only...

I have friend that are leaving in appartments and having their Jacuzzi on their terrace in here and they work perfectly fine.

Now I decide to make my Jacuzzi out of the blue and didn't thought of that problem... we learn from our mistakes no?

I hope I'll find a solution to my problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back