My electric shower keeps cutting out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a Triton,after running it for a few minutes the water stops for a minute or so and the water flows again,however, the pull switch light remains on. I've tried running it on cold also and it still cuts out. Is there anything I can check myself before buying a new one?

Sponsored Links
First thing to check would be the solenoid valve, you would require to isolate the electrics to shower, then test across the terminals of the solenoid using a continuity test, if the circuit is open then it will need to be replaced
This is quite a common fault.
If the solenoid valve is okay, then flow switch would be next thing to be looking at, also that you do have good flow and pressure to the unit via the mains water supply.
Do you have the model type/number of the shower.
The valve is normally fitted immediately after the water inlet to the showers enclosure.
Images of triton solenoid valve

If you do remove the solenoid valve, the water to the shower would require to be isolated also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back