My gloworm 38cxi F14 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all really new to this forum and hope you can all shed some light for me.Really frustrated at the mo.Here is the problem.Seems first thing in morning at its worse.When the shower is operated and seems the central heating is on i have noticed the water in the shower under pressure being hot,go to stone cold for 1 minute before the temp in shower head rises again.At this time of it going cold i notice a big drop in pressure at the shower head almost going limp.On inspection the boiler is whirring on and off with the green light on for 10 secs then off to red with F14 code.Aloso the other evening i am sure i filled the sink with hot water when it started,then it was cold after filling it up.My letting agents are useless they sent a handyman to come and fix it.All he did was take the front off and said cant do it.Letting agent told me they will only fix it if its like it when they send out an engineer.sods law when he came it was ok.Me the girl and kids had no showers today and they think its in our heads.Please help us on this matter.Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You need to go back to your letting agents,and tell them to send the engineer around again.
Quick check of the Glow-worm manual says that F14 fault is gas valve control faulty.Could just be a loose connection or could be more ie faulty gas valve or main board.

Graham

use search facility.....an older post same as yours(f14 fault) gas4you posted that likely to be the plate heat exchanger ( this heats up your water, prob blocked)

Sponsored Links
Thank you all so much for the info will let you know of the outcome... thanks for pic as well cheers all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back